The advantages of an inverter repair at a glance
Why is an inverter repair useful?
- When your inverter is broken, this always leads to a loss of income. With an inverter repair, the damage can quickly be taken care of.
- Repairing your inverter is often more cost-effective than getting a new one, because modern inverters all pretty much have the same components.
- By repairing the components of your inverter, the damage is quickly and cost-effectively taken care of.
- Installing a new inverter can often lead to unnecessary costs, as it requires modifying your PV system.
Advantages of an inverter repair:
- The inverter repair service is more cost-effective than getting a new inverter.
- By exchanging the broken components and wear parts, your inverter's lifespan increases.
- While repairing your inverter, you will find out what the cause of the defect is and how the inverter got damaged.
- With the clear damage report, you can claim your defect with your insurance company or the manufacturur.
Modern inverters are all quite similar on a technological level. This is a big advantage, as it enables our inverter repair service to quickly and easily repair most inverters.
- AEI Advance Energy
- AEG Power Solutions
- AROS Solar
- Bosch Power Tec
- Carlo Gavazzi
- Centro Solar
- IBC Solar
- Kaco / Powador
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Motech Solar
- Q3 energie
- Solar Fabrik
Your advantages as a SecondSol user
- Transport - We organise the transportation of the equipment. Just send us your address and possible pick-up times.
- Assessment - We will assess the defect and create a report you can show your insurance or the manufacturer.
- Repairs – If the inverter is broken, we will repair it. Regardless the manufacturer or type.
- Replacement – If a repair is not possible, we will procure a new or secondhand replacement inverter for your PV system.
- On-Site Service - You don't have an installer to dismantle and package your inverter? The SecondSol business network will help you out.
Is your inverter broken?
- Request a non-binding quote for a repair.
Frequently asked questions about broken inverters
Inverters can break down for various reasons. Besides internal damage, which can often be lead back to component fatigue, lightning and overvoltage can be the cause of damage. If your inverter breaks down because of lightning or overvoltage, the insurance company usually answers for the damages. Within the warranty period, internal damage is born by the manufacturer.
Note down the manufacturer name, the inverter type, and the serial number. This information can all be found on the type plate of your inverter.
After a skilled electrician has dismantled the inverter, is should be properly packaged for transport. The inverter should either be placed in a carton box or on a pallet. Make sure that all connections are protected to avoid further damages.
How long it takes to repair your inverter always depends on the kind of damage and on how busy the repair shop is. It usually takes between 6 and 9 days, excluding transport.
The costs of an inverter repair are made up of two things. Checking the appliance costs around €150. The repair itself costs between €400 and €800, depending on the size in kWp of the appliance. A definitive cost overview can only be created after the check. The costs for the check are then offset with the repair costs.
Modern inverters are all pretty similar on a technological level. If you look at how they are built, they all have the same or similar component parts. Therefore, an inverter repair is possible for almost all appliances.
A professional can exchange most components fairly easily. If this however does not have the desired effect, SecondSol can help you procure a replacement inverter.